Sunday, May 23, 2010

a google and a holla and a WTF

  I have a confession. I lied. I lied to my friend about reading online about other Arab adoptees in my situation. It was totally false.
   I just...you know. Didn't want to feel alone.
   So yesterday I spent at least 2 hours looking. And what the fuck turned up? Nothing. Adoption websites and forums I frantically searched thru. Nothing. Google search bar. Nothing. 7 or 8 different word rearrangements. Nothing.
   Except specially bred, very expensive Arabian Horses. Horses that are worth more than the house you live in. What The Fuck.
   I was starting to feel desperate.
   Then, there is was. The words. Adopted Arab-American. And all in one place. Gleefully, I opened the link.
   Its an article about Steve Fucking Jobs. Rage filled me. Are you fucking serious? That's it???? Steve Fucking Jobs and Me are the only ones??? This can't be. I felt myself escalating like a cartoon character, winding up, my body hurts.
  Unbelievable. Me and Steve Fucking Jobs, half arab, on our father's side, white adoptive parents.
  And guess what his Syrian Daddy said? "I want nothing to do with you".
  Also: Unbelievable.

No comments: